Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Geomerics offers competitive salaries plus an extensive benefits package
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
We are always keen to hear from excellent candidates who want to work at Geomerics. If you do not see any vacancies exactly matching your skills and experience, but believe you are exceptionally talented, then we want to hear from you. We are particularly happy to receive applications from people interested in graphics and lighting technology. Please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work at Geomerics and what skills you have to offer. Please apply using the email address at the bottom of the page.
Your skills and experience might include:
Geomerics, and ARM company employs people with a wide range of skills including: software development, graphics research, usability, art, support, sales and marketing. For all vacancies we look for excellent qualifications and a genuine enthusiasm for graphics technology.
To apply, please visit the ARM careers page.
|Job ID #: 7536|
|Country: USA||Location: Austin (TX) / San Jose (CA)|
|Job Category: Software Engineering||Employment Type: Experienced Professionals|
|Division: Media Processing||Department: Media Processing – Engineering|
Fill out the form on the ARM website to apply
An exciting new role in ARM, the Technical Manager will be responsible for supporting and implementing strategies to grow our software business in North America. The goal will be to provide technical assistance in support of NA sales targets for Enlighten, the de-facto standard for lighting in the games industry, and extend the reach of this product into new markets such as architectural visualization, automotive, broadcast and e-commerce.
This is a varied and challenging role, requiring working with a high degree of autonomy. No two days will be the same, but a typical day might involve:
- Meeting with the art director and team in the games or film industry to help them understand how they can best take advantage of Enlighten. Follow up with the Enlighten support team in UK to get prompt responses to detailed questions they had on their current technology evaluation
- Technology presentation to the CTO of a major automotive company to introduce how Enlighten can support their business and bring back product requirements to the R&D team in Cambridge
- Work on a white paper with the Enlighten marketing team in Cambridge for your presentation at an up-coming show on use of Enlighten in VR
- Call with the Enlighten engineering and art teams in Cambridge and the ARM graphics team in San Jose to feedback latest market trends in North America so they can input into roadmap planning
- Progress a UE4 project you have been working on as a background task with the Enlighten engineering and art teams to improve a specific point in one of our customer demos
Enlighten is the middleware product developed by Geomerics, now a wholly owned subsidiary of ARM. As an ARM employee, you will be surrounded by world-leading experts and will have the opportunity to work with the very best people in the consumer electronics and video games industry. If the challenge of growing ARM’s software business in North America excites you and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
Role & Responsibilities
- Support sales delivery on annual revenue targets
- Build and nurture a network of key technical and artist contacts in major accounts in North America
- Initiate activities to identify and drive major opportunities in the game, film, broadcast, automotive and architectural visualisation markets to develop future revenues
- Work with the Business Development Manager and ARM colleagues in NA to influence and support delivery of new technical marketing strategies for Enlighten
- Work with the Enlighten marketing team to ensure our marketing is relevant, effective and available
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of BS Degree
- A proven track record in a technical customer facing role
- A background as a technical artist or skills in working with UE4 or similar is highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of graphics and middleware is also desirable
- Willingness to take ownership of a problem and obtain solutions
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- A team player with outstanding networking capabilities
- Excellent presentation ability
This is a role that will require frequent interaction with customers across North America as well as quarterly visits to HQ in UK and key events such as GDC. A willingness to travel frequently is required.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Restricted Share Units (RSU)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Pension, 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurances (AD&D)
- Insurance, Voluntary Life Critical Illness and Accident
- Vacation, up to 20 days with option to buy 5 additional days per year
- Holidays of 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Additional benefits includes: Sick Leave, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter Benefits
- Regular team and social events, sports teams and access to recreational facilities at all ARM facilities
- Others, free car parking, café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events (depending on ARM location)
ARM® is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM’s success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM. Known as the “Live Music Capital of the World”, Austin also has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the number of tech companies in the area. Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but some of the annual events that make Austin an attractive city to live and visit.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735